Guided Walks in the Buttermere valley
To help you get the very best out of your stay in the Lakes we can offer you a range of half-day guided walks in the beautiful Buttermere valley, just a few miles from Cockermouth. These easy to moderate walks are led by Sharon’s husband Richard, a walker of many years’ experience with considerable knowledge of the area. They are designed to help visitors get ‘off the beaten track’ a little, and to discover hidden places which they might otherwise miss.
With Richard as your guide you will have the opportunity to experience at first hand the rich landscape, culture and wildlife of the Lake District National Park.
- Each walk follows a lake shore (Buttermere, Crummock Water or Loweswater) for a good part of its route, though there are also sections through woodland and over farmland as well as across open country.
- Walks last about three hours including stops for a rest or to admire the view.
- We will leave Cockermouth after breakfast and be back in time for lunch.
- Free transport is provided.
- The price is £20 for a single person, £30 for a couple, or £40 for three people. This includes a piece of home-made cake as a snack.
(Please note that although we do not venture far onto the open mountainsides, the terrain can nonetheless be rocky in places and sometimes wet underfoot, so strong footwear is essential, as is warm, waterproof clothing in all but the sunniest weather.)
If you would like to join Richard on a Buttermere valley walk during your stay please indicate your interest when you book or as soon as possible afterwards. Many thanks!